Friday, August 8, 2008

"Tryin' to find anew place to start…"-Weezer




Warning: Any meaning found in today's blog is purely incidental. The substance you discover means you should probably stop hanging out with Amy Winehouse, because any train of thought is all in your mind. Now on with today's blog without any further content interruptions.


I've got hooky on my mind. Yeah, go back and check the spelling. Thank you very much. That is what I meant to say. Sure, I've been living alone a while, still, I really don't have that other "hook" thing on my mind.


Although in an interesting side note, I emailed a friend on Myspace, and Myspace seemed to sense a need. Along with the "your mail has been sent," were two ads. One was just a cute girl covered in a sheet with the "Peek at private photos" tag line. The other said "Sleeping alone tonight? Find a girl in under 30 seconds…"


30 seconds? Holy Teleportation Stimulation Batman!


I flew from my chair to see all about that matter. I threw up the pillows and drew back the sheets…15 seconds to go, could it possibly be….I sat on the edge of the bed watching the ball drop, while the crowd chanted down "…3…2…1…"


Yeah, nothing. 30 seconds? How do they expect to pull that off? I mean, I've never been any kind of Don Juan, but even if I was... in bed, in 30 seconds? Dude! In order to pull that off, one of us would need to already be lying in bed. Either she's a "just add water" kind of girl, or she's a creepy stalker in love, and has made her own keys.


"How Thoughtful! Do you know what I'm thinking now?"

"Yep, I've already called 911 for you. They said they'll be here in 15 minutes or less or your next visit is free."

"Wow! You're incredible!"
"I've dreamed of the day you'd say that! Now if you'll excuse me, I still need to tie you up…"


We all need a courteous stalker. But I digress. Having a 30 second or less bedmate wasn't even where I wanted to be. Ok, maybe it is, but it isn't where today's topic was going. That's just the Post-it falling off the monitor, carrying me along with it.


See I was talking hooky. Mental hooky to be specific, even though I didn't get close enough to the coast to be specific. Yeah, sorry. Mental hooky…bad puns, they go together like meandering Rob and mental road trips.


"Where the hell am I?"


Oh here it's been a busy week. I'm not sure why, but I've felt behind all week. I didn't get in half of my workouts this week either, and I've just felt like I'm rushing around. Move, move, move, all week. It's been a crazy week. It's been a busy week.


Breathe…


Today my mind drew a line in the eye sand and said, "enough."


See even as I'm trying to discuss the importance of getting away and taking a break, my mind is still somewhere else. I think this is important too. I mean, no matter what phase of divorce we're in, it's easy to get wrapped up in the mental minutia. We tend to take the day to day too seriously, and leave ourselves boxed in a mental corner without a fork or an outlet for escape.


I'm the guiltiest of us all. I have so many things I need to do, but I've stapled my foot to the chair mat under my desk and I just roll around in unfinished circles…semi-circles I guess, because in the end, I only accomplish half of what needs to be done, and that creates double the work.


These are the things I want to say, but can't find the words because I'm too busy reading the staple remover directions and jerking my mind from some sunny beach so it can play interpreter. Then there's the Pizza Hut bedroom ad still on my monitor.


30 seconds or less? Really?


Yeah, my mind is on hooky today, but I need to bring it back. Oh, and you'll have to excuse me, this gator maw staple thing says the whole process is going to hurt-a lot. Still, it needs to be done, I just hope I can learn and move forward.


0 comments: